Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty &
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
- Real Estate Broker Update: Throughout the month, Rey is offering his thoughts on a variety of real estate issues that have been important to home buyers, sellers and home owners in 2018, as well as what they may be encountering in the New Year. Rey will also offer his review on some of the matters that professional real estate brokers will need to give attention to in 2019.
- New Mexico Association of Realtors Update: In her role as General Counsel for NMAR, Ashley Strauss-Martin will offer an update on a variety of current real estate issues, including changes in certain association home buying/selling documents, as well as general real estate issues of interest to consumers in 2018. Ashley will also offer her observations on real estate issues that will be on the NMAR agenda in the New Year. Among many other tasks as General Counsel, Ashley writes or reviews all NMAR Forms (NMAR promulgates the real estate forms used in most residential and commercial transactions throughout the state); runs the NMAR Legal Hot Line, providing legal information for NMAR’s 6,500+ members; and, serves as an expert witness before the New Mexico state legislature on bills she has drafted.
- Sotheby’s International Realty Year-End Report: Gregg Antonsen, the Senior Vice President and Qualifying Broker—since 2011—of the Santa Fe offices of Sotheby’s International Realty (SIR), will offer a summary of the home buyer and seller successes the company has enjoyed in 2018. In addition, Gregg will bring his more than 30 years of real estate experience to a conversation about what may be projected real estate sales activity for Santa Fe in the New Year. Gregg will also offer some thoughts to Rey and Ashley’s discussion about other real estate matters of importance to consumers. As manager of the three offices, associate brokers and staff that comprise SIR’s presence in Santa Fe, Gregg brings a good understanding of the important role that home buying and selling plays in our city’s economy.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and less time consuming for consumers.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 8 Calle Nopalitos with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague David Cordova. This three-bedroom and custom-built home, nestled in pinon trees with spectacular views, is located on 2.5 acres in a rare Santa Fe location off of Route 599. The home features tile floors throughout; an open concept kitchen with a high-end cooking stove and fine appliances; radiant heating, with a wood stove and wood-burning fireplace; vigas; very nice landscaping; and, a new roof with a transferable warranty.