By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
December 22, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate radio show airs this Sunday, December 22, 2019 (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM, and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
On June 2, All Things Real Estate (ATRE) celebrated 10 years of airing. Over the past decade, some of the nation’s most knowledgeable and successful real estate, business and community leaders have been guest commentators on the ATRE program. The roster of special guests featured on this Sunday’s show are emblematic of this reality.
In both hours of the Sunday show, join Rey and his guests for a holiday-inspired discussion of current real estate, business and community issues, as well as event activities that the residents of Northern New Mexico can enjoy this month, and in the New Year.
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer his observations on the role that real estate professionals play with their home buyer and seller clients, as we approach the end of 2019.
- Sotheby’s International Realty in Santa Fe: Gregg Antonsen—who has been the Senior Vice President and Qualifying Broker at Santa Fe’s Sotheby’s International Realty (SIR) brokerage since 2011—will serve as Rey’s guest co-host for the first hour of the program, bringing his more than 30 years of real estate experience to the conversation. As manager of the three offices, associate brokers and staff that comprise SIR’s presence in Santa Fe, Gregg fully understands the important role that home buying and selling plays in our city’s economy. Among other issues, Gregg will offer his thoughts on the real estate successes and activities of the brokerage’s associate brokers throughout 2019, as well as offer some predictions on the state of the housing market as we approach the start of the New Year.
- The Real Estate Market In 2019 and The New Year: Steve Riemann, President of the Santa Fe Title Company, will be Rey’s guest co-host in the second hour of the show, offering a year-end review on home buying and selling in Santa Fe. Steve will also reflect on where he believes the real estate market may be in 2020. Steve will also offer commentary on the critical role that title insurance plays in home buying/selling transactions. As a certified instructor of real estate in New Mexico, Steve will also offer some thoughts on why consumers should strive to partner with well-educated real estate professionals. The Santa Fe Title Company is committed to providing the best service possible for home buyers, including top notch closing services and delivering title insurance protection covering invalid liens, false claim of rights, and heirs that have not been identified, to name a few. Steve was the very first guest on the ATRE show in June 2009, and has brought a wealth of information to the program about the real estate process during his 10 years as a commentator.
- The Club at Las Campanas in 2019 and 2020: Isabel Chavarria, Director of Membership Development at The Club at Las Campanas, will join Rey and Gregg in the first hour of the show, speaking to the show’s theme, including the ways The Club marks the holiday season with its members, as well as previewing many of the activities that The Club will offer in the New Year. The Club is known for offering an extraordinary setting to enjoy an ideal life in Santa Fe. As one of the nation’s most highly-regarded country club destinations, The Club has not only been recognized as a Platinum Club of America since 2014, it is also known for its deep commitment to the people, environment, as well as programs that help to make Santa Fe a better community. The Club’s amenities include two championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses; a well-equipped fitness center; tennis and spa facility with seven synthetic clay courts; one of the finest equestrian facilities in the Southwest; as well as the casual and fine dining provided at The Club’s Hacienda Clubhouse. In addition, The Club is known in the community as a place for multifaceted cultural, educational, artistic and musical programs. For the ninth year in a row, “All Things Real Estate” has partnered with The Club in 2019, in offering information on the multitude of activities provided to its members.
- Performance Santa Fe Report: Chad Hilligus, Executive and Artistic Director at Performance Santa Fe, will also join Rey and Gregg—during the first hour of the program—in a conversation about the non-profit’s mission of presenting world-class music, dance, and theater, as well as providing excellent performing arts education to the Santa Fe community. Chad will discuss the successes of the current season of performances offered by the organization, as well as those that are booked through June 2020. Chad brings extensive experience in programming, fundraising, producing and performing to his position at Performance Santa Fe, including being a part of more than 300 shows in over 20 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 438 San Pasqual with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Darlene Streit. Great opportunity to own a piece of the Historic Eastside of Santa Fe, with this charming two-bedroom home, which includes an open office, three full baths, and a one-bedroom casita with bathroom, located just one mile from the downtown Plaza. Enter the flagstone-lined courtyard and enjoy relaxing and listening to sounds of the water feature. The charming living room offers space to relax around the Kiva fireplace. Entertaining is a breeze with open flow and sight lines between the living room, dining room, and kitchen. Enjoy dinner by firelight from the Kiva fireplace in the dining room. And the gourmet kitchen features custom wood cabinetry, Talavera tile countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a cozy eat-in dining area. The master bedroom has a Kiva fireplace, custom wood wardrobes in the walk-in closet, with the master bathroom offering custom wood dual vanity, Talavera tile countertop, soaking tub, and tiled walk-in shower. So many other features to see at this home, including coved viga ceilings, brick, wood, Saltillo, and flagstone flooring, and stucco privacy walls.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers. An ongoing recommendation that Rey offers is to check out his listing of a 10-acre parcel of land, just nine miles east of Abiquiu, and situated above the Rio Chama, with 360-degree vistas (see the “Unique Destinations” section on ATREradio.com).
Giving Back to the Community
Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships; Think New Mexico; Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and, Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber—who has offered commentary on the show since first elected in 2018—speaks to the programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos has been collaborating with ATRE in 2019, in a year-long information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community. Among the companies and non-profit organizations joining in supporting this new monthly show series are Taos Mesa Brewing; the Taos Center for the Arts; Taos Behavioral Health; the Taos Arts Council; the Taos Gallery Association; the Taos Opera Institute; as well as the Strong at Heart, and Taos MainStreet Accelerator projects.
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by hurricanes impacting our nation in 2018, as well as last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey at: email@example.com.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.