By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
September 15, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate radio show airs this Sunday, September 15, 2019 (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM, and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
On June 2, All Things Real Estate (ATRE) celebrated 10 years of airing. To mark the anniversary of the program, new elements to the two-hour broadcast are being added throughout 2019. To underscore ATRE’s new programming, the next edition of the “This Is Taos” show series will air this Sunday.
The monthly show is presented by the Taos Ski Valley (TSV), and is fully supported by the Town of Taosgovernment and a number of businesses and organizations in the community. The series offers interviews with business, tourism, government, cultural and real estate leaders who bring useful and informative commentary about why the historic Town of Taos is a popular destination for visitors from around the world, as well as why people chose to make the community their home.
In the first hour of the program, Rey will speak to the special relationship between the City of Santa Fe and the Town of Taos. Rey’s guests will also offer information, in the first hour of the show, on a variety of TSV’s services offered to the public in the autumn months, as well as the good works of one of the town’s most respected not-for-profit organizations. The second hour of the program will feature commentary on other elements of the TSV mountain resort, as well the role the town government plays in furthering activities for the residents Taos, as well as for visitors to the community.
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer his observations on the unique relationships that Santa Fe real estate professionals have with Taos, as well as preview many of the elements of the remote broadcast’s second hour.
- Taos Ski Valley Resort Sales: Lara Brown, Director of Sales for the multi-season Taos Ski Valley resort, will return to the show to offer additional commentary about her mission at TSV, of engaging individual and group sales business for The Blake hotel. This unique slopeside destination, which is at the heart of the mountain resort’s renaissance, connects the iconic mountain with a vibrant cultural journey. Lara will discuss the vision that she and her sales team bring to their work, including a desire to make Taos a place where people come to find inspiration in the wilderness with all of the amenities of a world-class resort. Lara and her colleagues are dedicated to helping guests who come to the mountain resort, plan the ultimate special event—from an executive retreat to a group ski outing, as well as to a perfect wedding, year-round. TSV offers meeting spaces, inside and out, that invite creativity and nature to co-mingle. TSV’s “traditional” boardroom overlooks a river, and the “standard” conference space features mountain views, while the resort’s wedding sites offer 360-degree views, where nature is the backdrop.
- Taos Behavioral Health Report to the Community: Simon Torrez, the Chief Executive Officer of Taos Behavioral Health (TBH), will join the show in the first of a two-part interview designed to speak to the nonprofit’s mission of providing comprehensive behavioral health services to individuals, families, and groups, to support them in developing positive behaviors and making life-affirming choices. With the largest licensed and credentialed behavioral staff in Northern New Mexico, TBH is well respected and known for its dedication to helping Taos become a better, safer, and less violent community by serving at-risk youth and adults in need of guidance and counseling. Rey and Simon will discuss the good works of TBH, including the Familia Y Mundo youth program, as well as the case management focus of the nonprofit’s Comprehensive Community Support Services. Simon joined Taos Behavioral Health as the business manager, and he took over the CEO role in September 2013. He is a homegrown Taoseño with rock-solid discipline from his military service—smarts from his years as a business manager—and the heart of a dedicated family man. He is delighted to be helping build nonviolence skills in Taos.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 2108 Senda de Daniel with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague David Cordova. This elegant four-bedroom Southwest Santa Fe home is conveniently located in the Los Cerros Colorados subdivision, sited on a private picturesque mountainside, on the road to Ski Resort, just minutes to downtown. With architectural details and rustic charm blending seamlessly, accented by Brazilian hardwood throughout, the home was built for comfort and entertainment, offering numerous features, a recently installed silicone roof, an outdoor hot tub, and a two-car garage. David will also will reflect on his own experiences working with home buyer and seller clients in Taos.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers. Corresponding to the theme of the special relationship that Santa Fe has with Taos and other Northern New Mexico communities, Rey is offering a 10-acre parcel of land, just nine miles east of Abiquiu, and situated above the Rio Chama, with 360-degree vistas (see the “Unique Destinations” section on ATREradio.com).
In the second hour of the show, join Rey and his guests for a continuation of the “This Is Taos” show series, giving additional focus to the many reasons why people find the historic northern New Mexico town a desirable destination to visit, as well as to own a home.
- Taos Ski Valley CEO Report: As Rey’s initial guest during the second hour broadcast—and to share his observations about the important relationship that the Taos Ski Valley (TSV) has with the people of northern New Mexico—is David Norden, Chief Executive Officer of TSV. David will offer an update on what visitors to TSV are enjoying at the mountain resort this fall, as well as throughout the year. Among other things, Rey and David will discuss the mountain resort’s highly regarded Speaker Series program. This special initiative has the aim of deepening and enhancing an understanding of TSV and the larger community. The program has invited over 40 organizations and individuals who make Taos “Taos.” From astronauts, to quartets, and anglers, each week the program is designed to teach a little more about what makes Taos unique, and how to keep it that way. Since July 2016, David has brought his highly regarded and extensive ski industry experience to the role of managing all of the existing operations of this multi-season resort destination. TSV is the first major ski resort to become a certified B Corp. This certification helps ensure that TSV meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, sustainability, public transparency and legal accountability. Becoming a B Corp also means that the long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated.
- Taos Director of Marketing and Tourism Review: Joining Rey as a special guest on the show, is the Director of Marketing and Tourism for the Town of Taos, Ms. Karina Armijo, who will speak to the variety of attractions that make the town a special destination; why the town serves as a desirable destination for home buying; the multitude of activities the town offers to consumers this fall; as well as some background on her role as a member of the management team in Taos government. Chosen by Taos Town Manager Rick Bellis and Mayor Dan Barrone to fill the position of overseeing the town’s marketing and tourism activities, Karina is a well-respected professional who is characterized by the publication taoStyle as “very approachable, a good listener who holds the concerns of the community close to her heart.” An article in The Taos News offers some perspective on the approach that Karina takes in her work to promote all of the positive elements of Taos.
- Taos Ski Valley Real Estate Report: Leslie Campbell, Director of Sales/Real Estate for TSV, will offer information on the Blake Residences, 24 extraordinary and fully appointed slopeside residences that are a major part of the revitalization of the mountain resort. Leslie will reflect on the highly successful spring and summer seasons enjoyed by the mountain resort, and will also extend the invitation for people to take advantage of what is offered at TSV in the fall.
- Michael Hawkins, Guest Services Supervisor at The Blake hotel, is bringing his experience as a former professional photographer to the remote broadcast. Specializing in portraiture and architecture/real estate photography, Michael will capture the images of Rey’s guest commentators, all of which will be posted to the “News” section on ATREradio.com.
Giving Back to the Community
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by hurricanes impacting our nation in 2018, as well as last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®. Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations which have been featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships; Think New Mexico; Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber has returned in 2019 to offer commentary on programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos is collaborating with ATRE in 2019 to participate in a new information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community. Among the companies and non-profit organizations joining in supporting this new monthly show series are Taos Mesa Brewing; the Taos Center for the Arts; the Taos Arts Council; the Taos Gallery Association; the Taos Opera Institute; as well as the Strong at Heart, and Taos MainStreet Accelerator projects.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.