By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty &
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
July 21, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate” radio show airs this Sunday, July 21, 2019 (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s KTRC 1260-AM and 103.7-FM and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
This weekly radio show features host and Sotheby’s International Realty‘s Associate Broker Rey Post (NM REC License #45660) and a variety of special guests offering the best news, information and commentary regarding every aspect of today’s real estate market.
On June 2, All Things Real Estate (ATRE) celebrated 10 years of airing. To mark the anniversary of the program, new elements to the two-hour broadcast are being added throughout 2019. To underscore ATRE’s new programming, this Sunday the next edition of the “This Is Taos” show series will air. The monthly show is presented by the Taos Ski Valley (TSV), and fully supported by the Town of Taos government and a number of businesses and organizations in Taos.
In both hours of the Sunday show, join Rey and his guests for a special remote broadcast from the Preview Center at TSV. In the first hour of the program, Rey will speak to the special relationship between the City of Santa Fe and the Town of Taos, as well as offer information on a variety of elements of TSV’s operation in the summer months. The second hour of the program will feature the ongoing broadcast of the monthly “This Is Taos” show series, which focuses on the many reasons why people find the historic northern New Mexico town a desirable destination to visit, as well as to own a home.
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer his observations on the unique relationships that Santa Fe real estate professionals have with Taos, as well as preview many of the elements of the second hour’s remote broadcast of the “This Is Taos” show series.
- The Blake at Taos Ski Valley: Lauryn Mangat, Guest Services Manager at The Blake hotel, will join Rey in a conversation about why this unique slopeside destination is at the heart of the resort’s renaissance, connecting the iconic mountain with a vibrant cultural journey. Lauryn will also share why The Blake embodies a soulful tapestry that is uniquely Northern New Mexican, noting that woven into the hotel’s experience, are the wild elements of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, a confluence of cultures a thousand years in the making, and an independent streak that belies Taos’s true sense.
- Taos Ski Valley Resort Sales: Lara Brown, Director of Sales for the multi-season resort, will offer an overview of her mission at TSV to engage individual and group sales business for The Blake, while also enlivening the community. Lara will discuss the vision that she and her sales team bring to their work, including a desire to make Taos a place where people come to find inspiration in the wilderness with all of the amenities of a world-class resort. Lara will also review how she and her colleagues are dedicated to helping guests to the mountain resort plan the ultimate special event—from an executive retreat to a group ski outing, as well as to a perfect wedding, year-round. TSV offers meeting spaces, inside and out, that invite creativity and nature to co-mingle. The “traditional” boardroom overlooks a river and the “standard” conference space features mountain views. Around the mountain, Taos features wedding sites with 360-degree views where nature is the backdrop.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers. Corresponding to the theme of the special relationship that Santa Fe has with Taos and other Northern New Mexico communities, Rey is offering a 10-acre parcel of land, just nine miles east of Abiquiu, and situated above the Rio Chama, with 360-degree vistas (see the “Unique Destinations” section on ATREradio.com).
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 49 Dayflower with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Tim Galvin. This magnificent, three-bedroom residence—with Sangre de Cristo and Jemez Mountain views—offers high-end finishes, and a great floor plan. Features include a herringbone brick driveway that leads to rustic entry gates that transition into a lush, landscaped courtyard with a three-tiered fountain; ornate metal French doors that open to the palatial living room with a wet bar, fireplace, space for a baby grand piano; a kitchen that includes a center island, a Viking range-oven, a Sub-Zero refrigerator, a wine cooler, a hand-hammered copper farm sink, a walk-in pantry, and a spacious eating area, with a corner kiva fireplace. Other custom elements of the home are a master bedroom and bath; an office/study; a media room; two secondary bedrooms with en-suite baths; and, a three-car garage that has 44 feet of melamine storage cabinets. Tim will also reflect on his own experiences working with home buyer and seller clients in Taos.
In the second hour of the show, join Rey and his guests for the next edition of the All Things Real Estate show series, “This Is Taos.” Each month, the series offers interviews with business, tourism, government, cultural and real estate leaders who bring useful and informative commentary about why the historic Town of Taos is a popular destination for visitors from around the world, as well as why people chose to make the community their home.
- Taos Ski Valley Report and Speaker Series: Rey will offer an overview of the variety of activities that await visitors to TSV, including the mountain resort’s highly regarded Speaker Series program. This special initiative has the aim of deepening and enhancing an understanding of TSV and the larger community. The program has invited over 40 organizations and individuals who make Taos “Taos.” From astronauts, to quartets, and anglers, each week the program is designed to teach a little more about what makes Taos unique, and how to keep it that way. TSV is the first major ski resort to become a certified B Corp. This certification helps ensure that TSV meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, sustainability, public transparency and legal accountability. Becoming a B Corp also means that the long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated. To further the interest of real estate and economic development in northern New Mexico, Taos and Santa Fe are among the members of the Northern New Mexico Air Alliance (NNMAA), a non-profit group of businesses, cities, counties and attractions. NNMAA serves as a vehicle for expanding opportunities for consumers who are seeking real estate, economic, sport and entertainment options in northern New Mexico.
- Taos Town Manager Review: Joining Rey as a special guest for the show is Taos Town Manager Rick Bellis, who plays a major role in the management of matters impacting the residents of the community. Besides offering commentary on a variety of topical issues, Rick will also offer his observations on what makes Taos such a desirable destination for those who wish to visit Northern New Mexico, or for those who chose to call the town their home. In addition to serving as Taos Town Manager for five years, Rick has also served as Acting Director of Planning, Community and Economic Development; as the town’s first Director of Marketing and Tourism; as Acting Airport Manager for the town; and in a number of roles for Taos County, including Deputy County Manager for four years. Rick brings more than 40 years of government service to his role with the Town of Taos, with work experiences in community and economic development, specializing in the revitalization of historic downtowns.
- Strong at Heart and Taos MainStreet Update: Jim Pollard will join Rey and Rick Bellis in a discussion of the important role that the Strong at Heart and Taos MainStreet initiatives are playing in the community. Strong at Heart is a project of the Town of Taos focused on working with Taoseños to create a vision for a thriving downtown for everyone. The goal of the project is to create a Taos Downtown Strategy, which communicates shared values, guiding principles, and a vision for the downtown, and includes an action-plan to get things done. Taos MainStreet is a community-based organization, formed to revitalize and update the downtown area of Taos. The program is part of a national foundation that helps states and local municipalities bring attention to main street districts in towns. As a member of the Strong at Heart Management Team, Jim brings his experience as a retired General Contractor, former REALTOR, industrial engineer, Machine designer and entrepreneur to the initiative. Jim also serves as Chairman of the Town of Taos Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Taos Ski Valley Real Estate Report: Leslie Campbell, Director of Sales/Real Estate for TSV, will offer information on the Blake Residences, 24 extraordinary and fully appointed slopeside residences that are a major part of the revitalization of the mountain resort. Leslie will reflect on the highly successful winter season enjoyed by the mountain resort, and will also extend the invitation for people to take advantage of what is offered at TSV in the summer. To review unique real estate options offered at the Blake Residences, please go to: https://
Giving Back to the Community
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by hurricanes impacting our nation in 2018, as well as last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®. Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations which have been featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships; Think New Mexico; Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber has returned in 2019 to offer commentary on programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos is collaborating with ATRE in 2019 to participate in a new information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community. Among the companies and non-profit organizations joining in supporting this new monthly show series are Taos Mesa Brewing; the Taos Center for the Arts; the Taos Arts Council; the Taos Gallery Association; and the Taos Opera Institute.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.