By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty &
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
February 17, 2019
The All Things Real Estate” radio show airs this Sunday (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
This weekly radio show features host and Sotheby’s International Realty‘s Associate Broker Rey Post (NM REC License #45660) and a variety of special guests offering the best news, information and commentary regarding every aspect of today’s real estate market.
“All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) is marking 10 years of airing in June of this year. Throughout 2019, several new elements are being added to the radio program, including the roll-out of a new show series this Sunday.
In both hours of this week’s show, join Rey and his guests for a special remote broadcast of the program from the Taos Ski Valley (TSV). The first hour of the program will speak to the special relationship between the City of Santa Fe and the Town of Taos. The second hour of the program will feature a new monthly series called “This Is Taos,” which will focus on the reasons why people find the historic northern New Mexico town a desirable destination to visit, work in, or as a place to own a home.
In the first hour of the show:
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer observations on the special relationship that Santa Fe real estate and business professionals have with Taos. Rey will also preview many of the elements of the inaugural broadcast of the “This Is Taos” show series in the second hour of the program.
- Gateway Mortgage Group Assists Taos Home Buyers: Scott Robinson, Branch Manager of the Gateway Mortgage Group in Santa Fe, will speak to the ability of his mortgage firm to offer assistance to those who are seeking the purchase of a property in the Taos region. In addition, Scott will provide his monthly mortgage tip that can benefit home buyers who are collaborating with a lender. The Gateway Mortgage Group is one of the largest privately held mortgage companies in the country, doing its entire mortgage servicing in-house. This business element is important, since it means that Gateway’s customers work directly with them until the time their loan is paid. Commentary contained within this broadcast is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to extend credit. Scott Robinson, NMLS 202265, is a licensed Branch Manager with Gateway Mortgage Group, located at 502 West Cordova Road, Suite 1, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505. All loans are subject to program guidelines and final underwriting approval. Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC, is an equal housing lender. NMLS 7233.
- Taos Ski Valley Professionals Offer Observations: Two senior management professionals associated with the mountain resort, will offer commentary on some of the unique elements offered at TSV. Eduardo Sampere, General Manager of The Blake slopeside hotel, will review the range of amenities that this renowned 80-room alpine guesthouse can offer, whether its guests are skiing, hiking, shopping or strolling. The Blake was awarded LEED Silver certification—the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design rating of the U.S. Green Building Council—which is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. Also joining Rey, is Leslie A. Campbell, Director of Sales/Real Estate for The Blake Residences, a slopeside real estate development featuring a collection of 24 fully appointed residences. Leslie will discuss the role that the residences play in the mountain resort’s vision of offering artfully curated accommodations, as part of the once-in-a-lifetime revitalization of TSV.
- Broker View On The Taos Ski Valley: Alan Vorenberg, Rey’s Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague in Santa Fe, will reflect on his own experience as a property owner in the TSV, as well as why he enjoys pursuing home buyer and seller relationships in the Town of Taos. Alan is also this week’s Santa Fe open house broker (see below).
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers. Corresponding to the theme of the special relationship that Santa Fe has with Taos and other northern New Mexico communities, Rey and his broker colleagues at Sotheby’s International Realty work to make home and land options in northern New Mexico available to consumers (see “Unique Destination” at ATREradio.com).
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 841 Camino Del Este with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Alan Vorenberg. This splendid and renovated three-bedroom, open concept residence with exquisite finishes, offers beautiful wood floors, high ceilings, lots of natural light and gorgeous mountain views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and is located just moments from the Plaza and all the wonderful amenities in downtown Santa Fe.
In the second hour of the show, join Rey and his guests as they launch the new ATRE show series called “This Is Taos.” The series will offer monthly interviews with business, tourism, government, cultural and real estate leaders who will bring useful and informative commentary about why the historic Town of Taos is a popular destination for visitors from around the world, as well as why people chose to make the community their home. The show series is presented by the Taos Ski Valley (TSV), while the Town of Taos and other businesses, and organizations (including the Taos Arts Council) are partnering with ATRE to offer this unique and informative radio programs.
- As Rey’s initial guest during the second hour broadcast—and to share his observations about the important relationship that TSV has with the people of northern New Mexico—is David Norden, Chief Executive Officer of the mountain resort. David will offer an update on what visitors to TSV are enjoying this winter, as well as throughout the year. Since July 2016, David has brought his highly regarded and extensive ski industry experience to the role of managing all of the existing operations of this multi-season resort destination. TSV is the first major ski resort to become a certified B Corp. This certification helps ensure that TSV meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, sustainability, public transparency and legal accountability. Becoming a B Corp also means that the long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated. To further the interest of real estate and economic development in northern New Mexico, Taos is among the members of the Northern New Mexico Air Alliance (NNMAA), a non-profit group of businesses, cities, counties and attractions. NNMAA serves as a vehicle for expanding opportunities for consumers who are seeking real estate, economic, sport and entertainment options in northern New Mexico.
- Also, joining Rey in the second hour of the show is Karina Armijo, Director of Marketing and Tourism for the Town of Taos, who will speak to the variety of attractions that make the town a special destination; why the town serves as a desirable destination for home buying; the multitude of activities the town offers to consumers this winter; as well as some background on her role as a member of the management team in Taos government. Chosen by Taos Town Manager Rick Bellis and Mayor Dan Barrone to fill the position of overseeing the town’s marketing and tourism activities, Karina is a well-respected professional who is characterized by the publication taoStyle as “very approachable, a good listener who holds the concerns of the community close to her heart.” An article in The Taos News offers some perspective on the approach that Karina takes in her work to promote all of the positive elements of Taos.
Giving Back To The Community
- The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by Hurricanes Florence and Michael, as well as support for those affected last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®.
- Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has featured commentary from a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations have been able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations which have been featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships: Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber has returned in 2019 to offer quarterly commentary on programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos is collaborating with ATRE in 2019 to participate in a new show series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey via a link at ATREradio.com. Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.