By Rey Post, Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty & Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
On August 13 & 20, 2017, Rey hosted remote broadcasts of the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show from two of the nineteen properties of the 25th annual Haciendas, A Parade of Homes tour. This nationally-known event is sponsored by the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association (SFAHBA) and features some of the finest new construction and remodeled homes in the nation. During both two-hour broadcasts, Rey was joined by a variety of real estate, business, community and non-profit leaders who offered commentary on the event and the homes being featured.
- SFAHBA Tour: Joining Rey to kick off the two-hour broadcast this Sunday is Kim Shanahan, Executive Officer of the SFAHBA. Kim will offer commentary on the mission of his association, the elements of the Parade, the home builders involved in this annual competition, as well as highlights of the homes being offered to the public for tour. As a professional home builder by experience, Kim will also offer his thoughts on the qualities of 36 Paseo Las Terrazas. Closing out the broadcast with Rey will be Joe Gammon, President of the SFAHBA and principal at House Incorporated, one of Santa Fe’s highly regarded home construction and remodeling companies. Joe will be able to offer his professional observations on the elements of 36 Paseo Las Terrazas, as well as the other entrants in the 2017 edition of the Parade.
- Pulte Homes: Throughout the ATRE broadcast, Joe Ortiz, On-Site Sales Director of thePulte Homes Las Campanas operation, will offer the “story” behind the design and construction of 36 Paseo Las Terrazas. This Parade property is a three-bedroom home, offering more than 3,600 heated square feet, a striking chef’s kitchen, numerous features that provide true Santa Fe essence, and views that overlook a Jack Nicklaus golf course at the Club at Las Campanas.
- Hospital Working With Residents: Jeff Lamie, the President and Chief Executive Officer of the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation, will offer his observations on the home being featured during Sunday’s show. Jeff will also share some thoughts on how the foundation and the CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center play major roles in providing extraordinary and compassionate health care to the home owners, buyers and sellers of the Santa Fe region. Jeff will also update the audience on the 2017 St. Vincent Hospital Foundation Annual Glamour and Gauze Gala on September 16. This year’s gala will support the hospital improvement project to create all private rooms for adult patients at the medicalcenter.
- Title Insurance Review: Steve Riemann, President of the Santa Fe Title Company, is a longtime corporate supporter of the ATRE radio program, and has offered commentary during multiple past Parade remote broadcasts. Steve is known for bringing well-respected real estate knowledge to not only the radio show, but also to the home buying and selling clients—and their respective real estate brokers—that his firm serves. The Santa Fe Title Insurance Company offers title insurance, escrow services, closing services, preliminary title reports, document recording, and property searches.
- Architectural Review: Craig Hoopes, Principal at the well-known architectural firm Hoopesand Associates Architects,will provide the audience with his professional observations on the design and numerous features of the home that is the site for Sunday’s broadcast. Craig and his firm are 2014 winners of the Parade’s “Grand Hacienda” award and are participating in this year’s event with two property entries in the competition. Craig’s firm has gained the reputation as one of Santa Fe’s top studios. Since its founding in 1992, the firm has specialized in the design of custom homes, performing/assembly spaces, sacred spaces, and custom spaces designed for end-users. This combination of projects has allowed the firm’s team to learn lessons from one scale of project that they can apply to another.
- Sotheby’s International Realty: Gregg Antonsen, Qualifying Broker and Senior Vice President of the Santa Fe operation of Sotheby’s International Realty, will join Rey in discussing the major role that the brokerage plays in aiding home buyers and sellers in the region. Sotheby’s International Realty is the leading real estate brokerage in Santa Fe and has considerable long-term buyer and seller experience in Las Campanas. Since January 2017, SIR has gained 63% of the market share of active listings by dollar volume in Las Campanas, as well as 58% of the market share of units sold by dollar volume in the community. In addition, the Club at Las Campanas is a longtime corporate supporter of ATRE, with General Manager Al Antonez and his staff on the radio program each month this year.
- Home Roofing Commentary: John Grisak, President of Fix My Roof, LLC, will share his thoughts on the qualities of the home featured during today’s remote broadcast. John will also speak to the application of roof restoration that Fix My Roof, LLC, applies each day that the company works with home owners, buyers and sellers. Headquartered in Santa Fe, Fix My Roof, LLC, is committed to restoring existing roofs for a fraction of the cost of roof replacement while maximizing a positive impact on the environment by embracing environmentally responsible practices and educating the greater community about environmental stewardship.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will discuss all of the open houses offered this Sunday by the brokers of Sotheby’s International Realty. Check the full-page Sotheby’s ad in the real estate classified section of the Sunday edition of The Santa Fe New Mexican for a roster of all of the brokerage’s open house events.
On August 20 Show:
- SFAHBA Tour: Joining Rey for the two-hour broadcast this Sunday is Kim Shanahan, Executive Officer of the SFAHBA. Kim will offer commentary on the mission of his association, the elements of the Parade, the home builders involved in this annual competition, as well as highlights of the homes being offered to the public for tour. As a professional home builder by experience, Kim will also offer his thoughts on the qualities of 8 Picacho Peak Drive. Closing out the broadcast with Rey in the second hour of the program will be Bill Roth and Bruce Thompson, Co-Chairs of the Parade Committee. Bill, a well-regarded builder with Modern Design + Construction, Inc., will join his Parade colleague—and also a highly-regarded builder—Bruce Thompson of Palo Santo Designs, LLC, as they offer their professional observations on the elements of the “Grand Hacienda”-winning property, as well as the other entrants in the 2017 edition of the Parade.
- Tierra Concepts: Joining Rey in both hours of the show are Eric Faust, Keith Gorges and Kurt Faust, the principals at Tierra Concepts, who will offer the “story” behind the design and construction of 8 Picacho Peak Drive—a three-bedroom, contextual modern architecture home, offering more than 4,700 heated square feet, a very large chef’s kitchen, numerous Santa Fe-style traditional elements, with views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and the city lights of Santa Fe. Tierra Concepts is known as an award-winning luxury custom builder; designing, building and remodeling livable, custom, contemporary, and Santa Fe-style homes in harmony with the southwestern landscape. Eric, Keith and Kurt also join Rey as associate brokers in the Santa Fe operation of Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Santa Fe Vacation Rentals: Donna Jones White, Owner and Qualifying Broker of Santa Fe Vacation Rentals, LLC, will offer her own observations on the award-winning home being featured during Sunday’s show. Donna will also share information on how her firm serves as a major resource for vacation, as well as 30-day furnished long-term and unfurnished rentals in our community. Visitors to Santa Fe turn to Donna’s company to aid them in finding comfortable and high-quality residences for their stays in our community. Many of Donna’s clients eventually resolve to become residents of New Mexico.
- Gateway Mortgage Group Review: Scott Robinson, Branch Manager of the Santa Fe operation of the Gateway Mortgage Group, will also join Rey for his own take on the qualities of the “Grand Hacienda” home being featured during Sunday’s broadcast. Scott is known for bringing well-respected real estate and lender knowledge to not only his regular guest visits to the radio show, but also to the home buying clients—and their respective real estate brokers—that his firm serves. The Gateway Mortgage Group is one of the largest privately held mortgage companies in the country, doing its entire mortgage servicing in-house, meaning that Gateway’s customers work directly with them until the time their loan is paid. Commentary contained within this broadcast is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to extend credit. Scott Robinson, NMLS 202265, is a licensed Branch Manager with Gateway Mortgage Group, located at 502 West Cordova Road, Suite 1, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505. All loans are subject to program guidelines and final underwriting approval. Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC, is an equal housing lender. NMLS 7233.
- The Club at Las Campanas: Al Antonez, the General Manager and COO of the nationally known The Club at Las Campanas, will join Rey to reflect on the elements of the “Grand Hacienda” home serving as the site for Sunday’s radio show broadcast, especially given that the featured home is located in the community of Las Campanas. The Club offers an extraordinary setting to enjoy an ideal life in Santa Fe. As one of the nation’s most regarded country club destinations, it is also known for its deep commitment to the people, environment, as well as programs that help to make Santa Fe a better community. The Club’s amenities includes two championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses; a well-equipped fitness center; tennis and spa facility with seven synthetic clay courts; one of the finest equestrian facilities in the Southwest; as well as the casual and fine dining provided at The Club’s Hacienda Clubhouse. For the seventh year in a row, “All Things Real Estate” is partnering with The Club to offer information on the multitude of activities it is hosting in 2017. Among the major events for this year—and for the first time in The Club’s history—the facility is hosting the 2017 U.S. Women’s State Team Golf Championship, September 24-28, 2017. Al will review the significance of The Club hosting this major national golf championship.
- Reside Home Interior Design: Professional interior designers Jeff Fenton and Chris Martinez of Reside Home will serve as special interviewers during the second hour of the program, as they speak with Annie O’Carroll principal at Annie O’Carroll Interior Design. Annie served as a member of the team of the “Grand Hacienda”-winning home built by Tierra Concepts. Jeff and Chris have been guests commentators on previous ATRE remote broadcasts and will use Sunday’s occasion to review with Annie the elements of her approach to the design of the “Grand Hacienda” home. Annie has cultivated a keen eye for great style and has—in her business practice—absorbed the design aesthetics she has found in nature, art, architecture and fashion. Annie has an interior design degree from the Design Institute in Newport Beach, California. Jeff and Chris host a monthly second-hour broadcast on the ATRE program, speaking to a variety of interior design issues. Reside Home is a design-based, boutique home furnishings showroom in Santa Fe, offering a unique mix of national brands, paired with one-of-a-kind pieces, all displayed to inspire. The firm is also proud to offer a private-label upholstery collection, Reside Loft. From furniture to rugs, lighting, pillows, art, accessories, and bedding, Reside Home has what it takes to make your home beautiful.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will discuss all of the open houses offered this Sunday by the brokers of Sotheby’s International Realty. Check the full-page Sotheby’s ad in the real estate classified section of the Sunday edition of The Santa Fe New Mexican for a roster of all of the brokerage’s open house events. Rey will also discuss the major role that the brokerage plays in aiding home buyers and sellers in the region. Sotheby’s International Realty is the leading real estate brokerage in Santa Fe and has considerable long-term buyer and seller experience in Las Campanas. Since January 2017, SIR has gained 63% of the market share of active listings by dollar volume in Las Campanas, as well as 58% of the market share of units sold by dollar volume in the community.