On October 14, 1884, George Eastman received a patent on his new paper-strip photographic film. The man and his company (Eastman Kodak) changed the way that photography played a role in the lives of people all over the world.
In the spirit of the anniversary of Eastman’s accomplishment, the theme for the radio show will be:How professionals in real estate and business work hard to make their client transactions and experiences “picture perfect.”
- Real Estate Brokers Help To Make Buyer/Seller Transactions “Picture Perfect”: Rey will offer some thoughts on how real estate professionals bring their expertise to make all of the elements to home buying and selling, as perfect as possible. Rey will also offer his weekly “Rey’s Real Estate Recommendation,” which is designed to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier and more enjoyable for consumers.
- Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association Update: Rey will join in a conversation with Kim Shanahan, Executive Officer of the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association (SFAHBA), regarding the theme for the first hour of the show. Kim will also address a variety of timely home-building and remodeling issues, including his take on the state of the construction industry at this point in 2018. Kim recently announced that he hopes to transition out of the SFAHBA Executive Officer position by the end of 2018. In what many characterize as an amazing ten years since Kim went from being the association’s Board President in 2008, to assuming the Executive Officer duties, Kim noted that it “has been an honor and a privilege to serve our members and our industry on a local, state, and national level.” Kim intends to stay active as a SFAHBA builder member and will continue to volunteer on many levels. Rey will review many of Kim’s accomplishments while serving as the association’s Executive Officer, as well as obtain his thoughts on next steps in his ongoing commitment to the community. As a reminder, tune in to the SFAHBA’s weekly radio show “Green Building”—which Kim hosts—airing just before the “All Things Real Estate” program, beginning at 11 am (Mountain Time) each Sunday on KTRC’s 1260AM and 103.7FM (also heard at the same time via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com)
- ShowHouse Santa Fe: Interior designers Heather French and Larry Wilson, participants in the highly successful ShowHouse Santa Fe 2018 event, will join Rey to offer information on this year’s gathering. Starting during the October 6-7 weekend, this popular public event continues on October 13-14. Fifteen of Santa Fe’s most uniquely talented interior designers and decorators have collectively transformed a luxury Santa Fe residence into an interior design experience. This year’s event will feature the unique concept of designers pairing up with local artistic chefs of the region, inventing a fresh global experience for “a world of taste.” ShowHouse Santa Fe 2018 co-founders Jennifer Ashton and David Naylor note that since this unique event began six years ago, nearly $140,000 has been raised in support of Dollars4Schools, providing funding to Santa Fe public school teachers; supporting over 250 classroom programs in 29 Santa Fe schools; and enriching the lives of thousands of Santa Fe students. For event details and ticket information go to: https://www.
- The Club at Las Campanas Report: Rey will offer some observations on the important role that The Club at Las Campanas plays in the community, including a review of the amenities The Club offers to its members; the activities The Club is pursuing at this point in 2018; as well as the range of unique events it has and will continue to showcase throughout the rest of the year. This includes a series of special lectures and presentations of renowned business leaders, music performers and authors, The Club is known for offering an extraordinary setting to enjoy an ideal life in Santa Fe. As one of the nation’s most regarded country club destinations, The Club was not only recognized as a Platinum Club of America for 2014 – 2016, it is also known for its deep commitment to the people and environment, as well as programs that help to make Santa Fe a better community. The Club’s amenities include two championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses; a well-equipped fitness center; tennis and spa facility with seven synthetic clay courts; one of the finest equestrian facilities in the Southwest; and, the casual and fine dining provided at The Club’s Hacienda Clubhouse.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: As has been the case for the past two weeks, Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation offers some specific thoughts on the importance of voting during this year’s mid-term elections. Early, as well as absentee voting are options to pursue for New Mexican residents who are registered to vote. In addition, there is always the choice of voting on election day, Tuesday, November 6. Participating in the electoral process is the most direct way for home owners to have influence on who serves in local, state and Federal government positions.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 2551 Tano Compound, with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Ashley Margetson. This four-bedroom and one owner home, is custom built and is located in a superb eight-home paved gated compound on Tano Road, just minutes to downtown Santa Fe. The house has no interior steps, is nestled on 2.29 lush wooded acres, offers numerous features and has a brand-new roof with a lifetime warranty.