By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty &
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
January 20, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate” radio show airs this Sunday (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
This weekly radio show features host and Sotheby’s International Realty‘s Associate BrokerRey Post (NM REC License #45660) and a variety of special guests offering the best news, information and commentary regarding every aspect of today’s real estate market.
In the first hour of the show this Sunday, join Rey and guest co-host Tom Simon—Professional Community Association Manager and Owner of Westgate Properties, LLC—and their guests as they reflect on the special relationship between the City of Santa Fe and the Town of Taos.
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer his observations on some of the elements regarding the unique relationship between Santa Fe and Taos, as well as preview the launch in the second hour of the show of the new All Things Real Estate series “This Is Taos.”
- Community Association Management in Taos: Tom will offer his thoughts on the theme of the show, specifically speaking to the homeowner association management that Westgate Properties, LLC, brings to two communities in Taos. Tom will share some of the reasons why the residents of these two communities find Taos to be a desirable home-owning destination. Tom will also reflect on the positive nature of his own business experience working in Taos. Based in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Westgate Properties specializes in the management of multi-tenant commercial properties and homeowner associations. Their goal is to promote community through highly responsive management with the aim that quality of life, quality of work and the value of one’s real estate investment is improved.
- Broker View on Listing a Property in Taos: David Fries, Rey’s Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague in Santa Fe, will reflect on his own experience as a former resident of Taos, as well as why he enjoys pursuing home buyer and seller relationships in the town. David is currently offering a special listing in northern New Mexico: La Mariposa Ranch And Equestrian Center, a property that sits on a 23-acre parcel on the vast plain of Des Montes between the Town of Taos and Taos Ski Valley.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers.
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 49 Dayflower with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Tim Galvin. Located in the Las Campanas neighborhood of Santa Fe, this 5,200+ square-foot, three-bedroom elegant residence, with Sangre de Cristo and Jemez mountain views, offers high-end finishes, a great floor plan and a lush landscaped courtyard with a three-tiered fountain. Relative to the first hour show theme, Tim has also pursued real estate broker activities in Taos and will offer some thoughts on what makes the community a special destination for home buyers.
In the second hour of the show, join Rey and his guests as they launch a new show series that will air on All Things Real Estate the third Sunday of each month in 2019. Called “This Is Taos,” the series will offer monthly interviews with business, tourism, government, cultural and real estate leaders who will bring useful and informative commentary about why the historic Town of Taos is a popular destination for visitors from around the world, as well as why people chose to make the community their home. The show series is presented by theTaos Ski Valley (TSV), while the Town of Taos and other businesses, organizations and non-profits are partnering with All Things Real Estate to offer this unique and informative radio program.
- As Rey’s initial guest during the second hour broadcast—and to share his observations about the important relationship that the Taos Ski Valley has with the people of northern New Mexico—is David Norden, Chief Executive Officer of TSV. David will offer an update on what visitors to TSV are enjoying at the mountain resort this winter, as well as throughout the year. Since July 2016, David has brought his highly regarded and extensive ski industry experience to the role of managing all of the existing operations of this multi-season resort destination, including The Blake, a new slope side hotel. TSV is the first major ski resort to become a certified B Corp. This certification helps ensure that TSV meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, sustainability, public transparency and legal accountability. Becoming a B Corp also means that the long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated. To further the interest of real estate and economic development in northern New Mexico, Taos and Santa Fe are among the members of the Northern New Mexico Air Alliance (NNMAA), a non-profit group of businesses, cities, counties and attractions. NNMAA serves as a vehicle for expanding opportunities for consumers who are seeking real estate, economic, sport and entertainment options in northern New Mexico. Rey and his broker colleagues at Sotheby’s International Realty work to make home and land options in Santa Fe, Taos and other parts of northern New Mexico available to consumers (see “Unique Destination” at ATREradio.com).
- Also, joining Rey in the second hour of the show is Karina Armijo, Director of Marketing and Tourism for the Town of Taos, who will speak to the variety of attractions that make the town a special destination; why the town serves as a desirable destination for home buying; the multitude of activities the town offers to consumers this winter; as well as some background on her role as a member of the management team in Taos government. Chosen by Taos Town Manager Rick Bellis and Mayor Dan Barrone to fill the position of overseeing the town’s marketing and tourism activities, Karina is a well-respected professional who is characterized by the publication taoStyle as “very approachable, a good listener who holds the concerns of the community close to her heart.” An article in The Taos News offers some perspective on the approach that Karina takes in her work to promote all of the positive elements of Taos.
Giving Back: The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by Hurricanes Florence and Michael, as well as support for those affected by the California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Once the federal government declares the areas impacted by the California wildfires disaster zones, the process will begin for individual aid. Those affected by the hurricanes and covered by the Fund’s program can pay for emergency-related costs such as significant home repairs from flooding, lost possessions, and temporary housing expenses. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®. Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations which have been featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships: Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber is returning in 2019 to offer quarterly commentary on programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos is collaborating with ATRE in 2019 to participate in a new information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey via a link at ATREradio.com. Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.