By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
August 11, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate radio show airs this Sunday, August 11, 2019 (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM, and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com.
This weekly radio show features host and Sotheby’s International Realty‘s Associate Broker Rey Post (NM REC License #45660) and a variety of special guests offering the best news, information and commentary regarding every aspect of today’s real estate market.
In the first and second hours of the show this Sunday, join Rey Post and his guests for a remote broadcast of the program from 30 Plaza del Corazon in the Las Campanas neighborhood of Santa Fe. This is one of the special homes available for the public to tour as part of the 27th annual “Haciendas, A Parade of Homes” (Parade) tour, sponsored by the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association (SFAHBA). This nationally known event offers tours of an array of the finest new construction or total remodel properties built by some of Santa Fe’s best home contractors.
30 Plaza del Corazon offers a compound-like design, made up of three separate structures—a main house, casita, and garage—all joined by portales. The home provides stunning golf course and mountain views, carefully designed outdoor spaces, and numerous indoor design features, including a dramatic master suite and elegant kitchen.
The Parade tour—running August 9-11 and August 16-18—gives the public an opportunity to not only see this exquisite property, but also the other entrants in the event. In addition, the Parade provides consumers with the chance to meet face to face with home builders, architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and other home-construction professionals. Tickets for the entire event are only $15 and can be purchased at the door of any of the Parade homes. Please consult the free Parade magazine for tour details—available in many locations throughout Santa Fe—as well as being online at www.santafeparadeofhomes.com.
For the ninth year in a row, the “All Things Real Estate “(ATRE) radio show has been asked to broadcast from select homes during the two Sundays of the Parade. Besides airing the program from 30 Plaza del Corazon this Sunday, ATRE will also broadcast for two hours on August 18 from the “Grand Hacienda” winning property (location announced on August 13 at the SFAHBA gala dinner).
Rey is honored to have been asked by the SFAHBA—for the fourth year in a row—to serve as one of the 16 judges of the homes competing in the Parade. Serving in a group with four other judges, Rey and his colleagues toured specific Parade homes on August 6, offering recommendations to the SFAHBA for the various awards that they give to Parade participants competing in the event. Rey brought his experience as a real estate broker to the judging exercise, while others who served as judges included well-respected home builders, architects, interior designers, and business leaders from the Santa Fe community.
- SFAHBA Tour: Joining Rey to kick off the two-hour broadcast this Sunday is Katherine Crociata, Executive Officer of the SFAHBA. Katherine will offer commentary on the mission of her association, the elements of the Parade, the home builders involved in this annual competition, as well as highlights of the homes being offered to the public for tour. Katherine will also offer her thoughts on the qualities of 30 Plaza del Corazon.
- Zachary and Sons Homes: Throughout the two-hour ATRE broadcast, several members of the team that designed and built this custom property will join Rey to offer commentary on the “story” that speaks to the how this custom residence became one of the entrants in this year’s Parade. In 2019, Zachary Shultz celebrates his 27th year of building superior custom homes in Santa Fe. His sons, Aaron Shultz and Josh Shultz, represent the sixth generation of homebuilders in the family. As Zachary & Sons Homes, the Shultz family delivers “distinctive homes with a personal touch.” Also joining Rey in the conversation will be principal architect Lorn Tryk at the firmLorn Tryk Architects PC for a discussion about the design he created for this stunning property.
- Business and Organization Leaders Offer Parade Commentary: Highly regarded business, real estate and community leaders in Santa Fe will join Rey to offer their own observations on the qualities of 30 Plaza del Corazon, as well as the important role that the Parade plays in the Santa Fe region: President of Fix My Roof, LLC, John Grisak; Al Antonez, General Manager/COO of The Club at Las Campanas; Owner of Santa Fe Vacation Rentals, Donna Jones White; Principal at Hoopes & Associates Architects, Craig Hoopes; and Owner of WIN Home Inspection, Jeff Brown. The remote broadcasts of the ATRE show on August 11 and August 18 are being presented this year by WIN Home Inspection. All of these special commentators have been guests on the ATRE program during previous Parade events, providing valuable historic context to this major event. In addition, all of these business and real estate leaders have extensive knowledge of and work experience in Las Campanas, bringing some special awareness about the location of 30 Plaza del Corazon.
- Parade Broadcast and Event Team: Rey will be joined on-site for the remote broadcast by several professionals who have worked with him on previous ATRE Parade events: From Hutton Broadcasting are Austin Burch (Engineer) and Lupe Alderete (Floor Producer); as well as Kristen Rowe (Talent Producer and a member of the Gateway Mortgage Group). Also supporting the effort is Rey’s show producer, Daniel Espy, as well as Adam Vincent and Alex Martinez of SantaFe.com. In addition, the marketing team at Sotheby’s International Realty has played a significant role in all of the pre-show publicity elements highlighting the ATRE program: Debbie Stevens; Arthur Stern; and Ryan Ferguson, along with ATRE’s IT advisor Mike Root. Besides all of the professionals at the SFAHBA who have supported the broadcast of the ATRE show during the Parade, Rey will also interview a student volunteer at 30 Plaza del Corazon who manages ticket sales to the public
- Open House of the Week: Rey will discuss all of the open houses offered this Sunday by the brokers of Sotheby’s International Realty. Check the full-page Sotheby’s ad in the real estate classified section of the Sunday edition of The Santa Fe New Mexican for a roster of all of the brokerage’s open house events.
Giving Back to the Community
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by hurricanes impacting our nation in 2018, as well as last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®. Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations which have been featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships; Think New Mexico; Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber has returned in 2019 to offer commentary on programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos is collaborating with ATRE in 2019 to participate in a new information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community. Among the companies and non-profit organizations joining in supporting this new monthly show series are Taos Mesa Brewing; the Taos Center for the Arts; the Taos Arts Council; the Taos Gallery Association; and the Taos Opera Institute.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey at: email@example.com.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.