By Rey Post
Associate Broker, Sotheby’s International Realty
Host of the “All Things Real Estate” Radio Show
November 17, 2019
The “All Things Real Estate radio show airs this Sunday, November 17, 2019 (12-2pm Mountain Time) on Santa Fe’s Talk 1260 AM KTRC and 103.7-FM, and streams on SantaFe.com, as well as via the “Listen Now” link at ATREradio.com
In June, All Things Real Estate (ATRE) marked 10 years of airing to home owners, buyers, sellers, and renters located in communities across the nation. New elements have been added to the ATRE program throughout 2019. This Sunday’s show offers one of the new program additions—the next edition of the “This Is Taos” show series.
Each month, the series offers two hours of interviews with business, tourism, government, cultural, and real estate leaders who bring useful and informative commentary about why the historic Town of Taos is a popular destination for visitors from around the world, as well as why people select the community as the place to call home. The monthly show is presented by the Taos Ski Valley and fully supported by the Town of Taos government, and a number of businesses and organizations in Taos.
- Overview Thoughts: Rey will offer his observations on some of the unique relationships that Santa Fe real estate professionals have with Taos home buyers and sellers.
- Taos Ski Valley Operations Report: John Kelly, Director of Mountain Operations at the Taos Ski Valley (TSV), will offer an update on what the mountain resort is doing to prepare for the start of winter ski season this month. John—who brings 14 years of experience in the ski industry—oversees a variety of functions at TSV, including ski patrol, grooming, snowmaking, lift maintenance, parking, risk management, and guest services. John will also offer his thoughts on what makes TSV a desirable destination—year-round—as well as what brought him to work in Taos. For information on TSV’s range of services, including the resort’s famous hotel, The Blake—please go to: https://www.skitaos.com/. In addition, TSV offers a highly-regarded Speaker Series program, with the aim of deepening and enhancing their guests’ understanding of Taos Ski Valley and the larger community. This program has invited over 40 organizations and individuals who make Taos “Taos.” From astronauts, to quartets, and anglers, each week the program is designed to teach a little more about what makes Taos unique, and how to keep it that way.
- Taos Director of Marketing and Tourism Review: Joining Rey as a special guest on the show, is the Director of Marketing & Tourism for the Town of Taos, Ms. Karina Armijo, who will speak to the variety of attractions that make the town a special destination; why the town serves as a desirable destination for home buying; the multitude of activities the town offers to consumers this winter; as well as some background on her role as a member of the management team in Taos government. Chosen by Taos Town Manager Rick Bellis and Mayor Dan Barrone to fill the position of overseeing the town’s marketing and tourism activities, Karina is a well-respected professional who is characterized by the publication taoStyle as “very approachable, a good listener who holds the concerns of the community close to her heart.” An article in The Taos News offers some perspective on the approach that Karina takes in her work to promote all of the positive elements of Taos.
- Gateway Mortgage Group Lender Update: Scott Robinson, Mortgage Sales Manager at the Gateway Mortgage Group, NMLS 202265, will offer an overview on the state of the mortgage market as we approach the end of 2019. Scott will also share information on how he and his team assist home buyers in their efforts to identify purchase options throughout Northern New Mexico, including the Taos region. As he does each month during his commentary, Scott will also provide a useful mortgage tip that can benefit home buyers who are purchasing a property in collaboration with a lender. The Gateway Mortgage Group is one of the largest privately held mortgage companies in the country, doing its entire mortgage servicing in-house. This business element is important, since it means that Gateway’s customers work directly with them until the time their loan is paid. Commentary contained within this broadcast is for informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to extend credit. The Gateway Mortgage Group is located at 502 West Cordova Road, Suite 1, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505. All loans are subject to program guidelines and final underwriting approval. Gateway Mortgage Group, LLC, is an equal housing lender. NMLS 7233.
- Taos Ski Valley Real Estate Report: Leslie Campbell, Director of Sales/Real Estate at TSV, will offer information on the Blake Residences, 24 extraordinary and fully appointed slopeside residences that are a major part of the revitalization of the mountain resort. Leslie will also extend an invitation to people to take advantage of what is offered at TSV during the winter ski season. TSV is the first major ski resort to become a certified B Corp. This certification helps ensure that TSV meets the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, sustainability, public transparency and legal accountability. Becoming a B Corp also means that the long-held values of inclusion, sustainability, and respect for all are validated. TSV recognizes that Taos is a special place, and in the spirit of this sentiment, will continue on their path to get better, not bigger—with an invitation to all to join them on the incredible journey they are pursuing.
- Strong at Heart and Taos MainStreet Update: In his second interview this year on the “This Is Taos” show series, Taos MainStreet Board President Jim Pollard will join Rey to update the audience on the important role that the Strong at Heart and Taos MainStreet initiatives are playing in the community. Strong at Heart is a project of the Town of Taos focused on working with Taoseños to create a vision for a thriving downtown for everyone. The goal of the project is to create a Taos Downtown Strategy, which communicates shared values, guiding principles, and a vision for the downtown, and includes an action-plan to get things done. Taos MainStreet is a community-based organization, formed to revitalize and update the downtown area of Taos. The program is part of a national foundation that helps states and local municipalities bring attention to main street districts in towns. In September, the nonprofit organization received its full MainStreet designation from state and federal programs. As a member of the Strong at Heart Management Team, Jim brings his experience as a retired General Contractor, former REALTOR, industrial engineer, machine designer, and entrepreneur to the initiative. Jim also serves as Chairman of the Town of Taos Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Rey’s “Real Estate Recommendation”: Rey’s weekly real estate recommendation will offer some suggestions on how to make the home buying and selling process a bit easier, more efficient and enjoyable for consumers. Corresponding to the theme of the special relationship that Santa Fe has with Taos and other Northern New Mexico communities, Rey is offering a 10-acre parcel of land, just nine miles east of Abiquiu, and situated above the Rio Chama, with 360-degree vistas (see the “Unique Destinations” section on ATREradio.com).
- Open House of the Week: Rey will review the attributes of 89 Sunlit Drive with his Sotheby’s International Realty broker colleague Bob Cardinale. This 2,552 square-foot, three-bedroom, hilltop home, offers incredible mountain views and fabulous sunsets, as well as recent upgrades on roofs and stucco. The main Santa Fe-style house offers a 300 square-foot attached studio; a large eat-in kitchen, vigas, brick floors, a separate dining room, ductless A/C, and two fireplaces. There is also a charming, one-bedroom, 750 square-foot guesthouse, as well as a two-car garage, all sited on a nicely landscaped 5.6-acre lot. Bob will also reflect on his own experiences with Taos, that date back to the mid-1960s.
Giving Back to the Community
Since 2009, the “All Things Real Estate” (ATRE) radio show has offered air time to a variety of Santa Fe non-profit and community organizations. Representatives from organizations are able to use the ATRE program to share news and information with northern New Mexico residents about their services and activities. Over the years, some of the highly-regarded non-profit organizations featured on the ATRE program are: Cornerstones Community Partnerships; Think New Mexico; Las Campanas Compadres; the Santa Fe Concorso; Kitchen Angels; Creative Santa Fe; and, Dollars4Schools. In addition, Santa Fe Mayor Alan Webber—who has offered commentary on the show since first elected in 2018—speaks to the programs, events and community activities important to the residents of the city. In addition, the Town of Taos has been collaborating with ATRE in 2019, in a year-long information series—sponsored by the Taos Ski Valley—called “This Is Taos,” designed to offer useful information about this historic northern New Mexico community. Among the companies and non-profit organizations joining in supporting this new monthly show series are Taos Mesa Brewing; the Taos Center for the Arts; the Taos Arts Council; the Taos Gallery Association; the Taos Opera Institute; as well as the Strong at Heart, and Taos MainStreet Accelerator projects.
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund
The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund has been activated to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those who were affected by hurricanes impacting our nation in 2018, as well as last year’s California wildfires. The sole purpose of this effort is to provide much-needed financial assistance to help those in need who are not covered by personal insurance policies. Realogy has committed to matching $50,000 of the funds raised, and, effective immediately, you may make a tax-deductible donation to the fund. The Realogy Disaster Relief Fund is managed through the Realogy Charitable Foundation. In donating to the Fund, 100 percent of the money will be disbursed to those who are affected by declared federal disasters. Click here to donate to the Realogy Disaster Relief Fund. Realogy Holdings Corp. delivers its real estate services through its well-known industry brands including Sotheby’s International Realty®.
As always, listener email questions and comments are welcome during the broadcast. Join in the conversation by calling Rey with your own questions or comments at 505-989-8900 or you can email Rey at: email@example.com.
Check out the radio show and tune in via the Internet: Go to www.ATREradio.com and click on the “Listen Now” button.